TransCanada and ExxonMobil are committed to developing and operating the Alaska Pipeline Project with the same exceptional standards they bring to every endeavor. Across North America and around the world, TransCanada and ExxonMobil are recognized as industry leaders in their technical expertise and capabilities. Fundamental to all of their operations is the safety of employees, contractors and the public, and the protection and preservation of the natural environments in which they operate.
- At TransCanada, the health and safety of the public, employees and contractors are paramount. Pipeline integrity programs are designed to ensure public safety and to meet industry best practices and regulatory requirements. From design and construction to operation and maintenance, safety is an integral part of everything that the company does.
- At ExxonMobil, safety is a core value. It is essential in everything we do. ExxonMobil, protects the safety of its employees, contractors, customers and the public by implementing policies to manage personnel and process safety. The company's commitment to safe, secure and incident-free operations contributes to improved operations reliability, lower costs and higher productivity.
- As one of North America's leading energy infrastructure companies, TransCanada is vigilant about minimizing the environmental impacts of its operations, while meeting its obligation to address energy demand across the continent. Environmental stewardship is integral to all aspects of TransCanada's business. The company takes a life cycle approach to environmental protection, ensuring facilities and operations are designed to avoid impacts where possible, and to minimize or mitigate effects where avoidance is not possible.
- ExxonMobil is committed to operating throughout the world in a way that protects the environment. The company integrates environmental improvement into its business plans and strategies, and addresses key environmental issues that are specific to the processes and activities of each business.
- TransCanada consults with local regulatory authorities, communities, landowners, Aboriginal people and special interest groups on all projects to ensure that the company’s plans have considered and addressed input from those who rely on the landscape for their livelihoods. Their diverse experiences and opinions have contributed greatly to sound decisions and lasting results at TransCanada.
- Wherever ExxonMobil operates, it forms collaborative partnerships with local communities to provide long-term economic and social benefits. The company meets with communities and associations to exchange information and better address local issues, understanding that awareness and respect of local customs are critical for ExxonMobil's continued presence within communities around the world.
Excellence in Technical Execution
- TransCanada's credentials and track record in the construction and operation of large-diameter pipe in extreme climates and virtually all types of terrain are unequalled in North America. The company is the leading global operator of large gas turbine compressor stations and is expert in remote facility control. TransCanada employees are highly skilled in designing, building and operating complex infrastructure and take pride in delivering major projects on time and on budget. TransCanada has a proven track record in the use of new and leading-edge technologies to achieve excellence in pipeline construction and operations.
- ExxonMobil Corporation is committed to being the world's premier petroleum and petrochemical company. Every day, employees at ExxonMobil are committed to the pursuit of operational excellence. The company does this by delivering safe, reliable operations, improving energy efficiency and maintaining strong business controls. It believes that maximizing the value of resources through disciplined investments, developing breakthrough technologies, improving processes and integrated operations generates the most benefit for resource owners, society and shareholders.
- Through investments in the communities where its employees live and work, TransCanada demonstrates its commitment to be a good neighbor, a strategic community partner and an employer of choice. The company's commitment to building strong communities and strong relationships with community members also serves as a sound business management practice, helping to maximize competitive strength and enduring value.
- ExxonMobil seeks to create long-term economic and social benefits from its projects and presence. The company employs a variety of economic support and incentive programs, including workforce development, supplier development and strategic community investments.